Bryant Hammett & Associates, LLC has been involved in the Louisiana Community Development Block Grant (LCDBG) program for more than 25 years. We have been the engineering design professionals for more than 60 infrastructure projects funded through the CDBG Public Facilities Program, the CDBG Demonstrated Needs Program and the CDBG Economic Development Program for a total dollar volume of approximately $30 million, which assisted 14 separate communities.
BH&A has significant experience in implementing and managing all phases of the CDBG Program projects from initial project application to closeout audit requirements, including preparation of bid documents, quarterly reports, Letters of Notice, financial reconciliations, codes of compliance, closeout documentation, etc., all in compliance with CDBG requirements. On CDBG projects, BH&A is responsible for monitoring the contractor’s construction activities, payroll, partial pay estimates and change orders. We are also responsible for monitoring the cash flow on individual CDBG projects to ensure that the costs incurred do not exceed the funds available and are in compliance with the original funded application and National Objectives.
The following summary of activities outlines proposed technical and administrative activities for proper execution of any CDBG project that we design:
• Preliminary Cost Estimates.
• Topographic Survey and Right-of-Way Survey as necessary for temporary and permanent construction easements. Assistance in right-of-way negotiations.
• Coordination with appropriate federal, state and local agencies having jurisdiction over the particular project.
• Preparation of any and all permits and environmental assessments that may be required for the project.
• Preparation of all engineering related documents for funding applications.
• Final design of project.
• Preparation and Supervision of construction bid process in conformance with applicable laws and regulations (i.e. prepare bid package, advertisement, tabulate bids, award contract, conduct bid opening, issue notice to proceed, etc.).
• Conduct Pre-Construction Conference with Owner, Contractor, Resident Project Representatives, etc.
• Field Staking, construction inspection, provision of testing materials and work and preparation of inspection reports.
• Review and processing of contractor's requests for payment and change orders. Approval of pay estimates and change orders by Owner and funding agency.
• Provision of certified reproducible “Record Drawings” at completion of project to Owner and appropriate State agency.
• Conduction of final inspections and testing.